QUICKIE:
seeing the name on the 1st class honours list... and that name belonged to me... i thought i'm truly blessed

love + boundaries

there's a saying that a woman will judge all others except herself... ignorant when it comes to noticing her own imperfections bt an expert in seeing the flaws of others.

though i genuinely TRY not to be as judgemental as some, i have my fair share of blunt judgements towards a certain clan of women. sometimes i'll stare them down, confused with the entire fashion assemble and there are moments where prejudice thoughts cross my mind, thinking that no sound men would ever date gals like that.

well till today! i was in my car waitin for mum wen something caught my attention. There he stood, good-looking, well established! "gif him a lil smile" i thought. and just as i was about to gently lift my mouth muscles up, a member of the clan i was being cynical about walked towards his direction and hugged him. and that's wen i realised that i have absolutely no RIGHTS to judge anymore. if only u could see the frustration on my face as i stared at the 'happy' couple! she wasnt the usual rail thin ah lian bt a FAT ah lian! fatty also noticed me staring. she walked pass my car, clinging to mr. hottie with a VICTORY smile painted on her damn CHUBBY face.
ah lian one, phyllis zero. love is seriously BLIND.

speaking of love, according to my 'LOVE GURU' Pein, in today's modern world, it is the gal who tries to initiate! "girls go after the guys!" he said
"even if i have a crush on my dad's fren?" i had to ask :D
" bottom line is that, wen you see a guy u like, jus go ahead and approach him and say that u like him, flirt a little bt not too much, and let the guy do the rest", he advised.

... (i wasnt convinced)
"even if it's my dad's fren?" i asked again.
"o my lecturers?"...
"there are boundaries to love... u jus cannot end up with someone because u lk them!"i added

annoyed, Pein said, "phyllis, i tink u lk uncles la!"

so much for being a love guru huh!
bt Pein made my day... he made me laughed :)





FYI: no i do nt have silly crushes on my dad's frens, 95% of which are pensioners and no i do nt have crushes on my lecturers either. i have 2 male lecturers dis sem, 1 shares the same name as my dad and the other looks lk a globe...

6 gaps filled:

Anonymous said...

attractive has many definitions according to every individual. sure most would've responded how the majority would've eg.. ah lien, chubby, noise picker..." who knows man. what's behind this talk(my point is..) stay yourself because at the end of the day you will be loved for being just the way you are.

what is Pein?!

i agree with your conclusion. eventually, let the guy do the rest.

phyl said...

true, beauty is in d eyes of d beholder... somethings may be ugly to some, bt a beauty 2 another...

pein, is the nick of my fren who wanted 2 remain anonymous 4 my post...

yeah as old fashion as it sounds, a guy shud always initiate d relationship!

theresa chin said...

at first i wanted to blog about my discussion wit my dad about this topis. i actually think it is interesting because it does keeps us thinking but ya, it all comes down to what the guy is really looking for.so i guess i wont be blogging about this afterall...

phyl said...

owh do blog bout it, i wan2 noe wad uncle chin thinks bout dis whole love + boundaries thingy... he's d oh-so-protective dad right, so please do share his expertise :D

CreativeBitchin said...

mr globe sounds cuddly. mmmmm...

phyl said...

frm d looks of it, i tink he is bt i cant b 2 sure bout dat tho... wan me 2 help u guys set a date... dat way u can hug him n den tel me whether he's cuddly... OK?!?!?!

ip-location

Blog Archive