QUICKIE:
seeing the name on the 1st class honours list... and that name belonged to me... i thought i'm truly blessed

the short hiatus

do excuse my lack of updates...

but...

i'm still on a high...


a lot has happened in the past one month since i last updated...

like obtaining a first in my law degree and then being the recipient of an award that 2 months ago i could only drool upon!

i swear to g*d i did not pay the dean or sleep with any of my lecturers to get this...
*truthfully...

and then I turned 24...

picture above taken on actual birthday showing that age has prolly caught up
the usual birthday glow was substituted with complete haggardness and maggoty pale skin
the in-denial self is blaming it on theresa though...
mental note to oneself: should not take pictures next to theresa chin so as to look more outstanding in future...

but
thank you theresa for celebrating me bday wif moi...
although you managed to steal the limelight from me on me special day!!!!!

am now just a year shy from hitting the quarter life crisis...

unfortunately not much wiser....

and lastly...
am somewhat honoured to be featured in the local newspapers back home...

pic courtesy of sammy poh!

pretty shocking that i was also featured in Sin Chew Jit Poh (?!?!)
yes, i do not know the proper spelling of the newspaper because i'm a banana who could only read 3 characters out of the entire article (my name included)



not so honoured is how my picture's colour resolution came out totally off from its original copy.
i suppose that sin chew jit poh prolly thought it was more marketable that an
ah lian was featured by giving me a super LALA hair colour to go with the already chinky face!

ooo... SEPTEMBER's here...
and i promise 2 update as much as often now...
*puts on innocent grin*

9 gaps filled:

ahlost said...

another banana here.. i wish i know how to read those chinese words :D

Congrats congrats congrats :)

phyl said...

thank you rose... that's the problem we teresian face to be honest.... being completely 'chinese' illiterate... sighhhhhhh

aaronparan said...

i'm gonna say it again: i'm so proud of you! :D

xoxo

phyl said...

thx aaron... n i'm sure... 1 day, sometime soon, i'm gonna b proud of u 2 ;)

muakz

Anonymous said...

Where got LaLA? Aiyo what am I then with my color... lol. Happy Merdeka back to you Phyl! LaLA YOUR HEAD ar.

phyl said...

ur colour isnt bright orange.... mine is.... realllly LALA

Shen said...

your chinese name translation sounds real funny lah. just like how ah mah usually call you.

phyl said...

hahahaha....
siaw fung read it for me n she said it sounded filipino.... apala

claudia said...

congrats phylis..
im so proud of u...
still rmmbr me...
hehe..
btw..take care...

ip-location

Blog Archive