QUICKIE:
seeing the name on the 1st class honours list... and that name belonged to me... i thought i'm truly blessed

quadruple eight


"have your IC (identity card) no. given you any luck? you have four eights in it?"
a doctor asked me once as he filled in my IC no. into the Medical Cert. that excused me frm class the next day because of the fever.
"not dat i know of..." i answered him back.

'not that i know of' until today. I was in Parkson like most days, queuing up at the counter until an advert caught my attention. the advert said:-

888
do you have 3 8s in your NRIC
if you do, it's your lucky day...
kindly show your IC to us at the Kanebo Counter
and collect a gift frm us!!!!
ok! it might nt sound something like that bt trust me it sounds along the line....

wow. kanebo. themakeupproductthatmummyusesthatcostabomb kanebo? i rubbed my eyes and then asked my mum. delighted and almost immediately, mum piped up to the girls in kanebo counter (mum's really close to them) telling them proudly that her daughter not only has three eights in her IC but FOUR!

so true to their words... i had to draw a number from a box to see what gift i was gonna get. i was hoping for a lip gloss cuz their lip gloss r wonderful... o some new eye shadow from their up and coming spring collection bt i gt....


a 4 piece sample instead....

owh well... i guess a free sample of skin care works for me too. so to all the young girls in M'sia, hurry to any kanebo counters near you if your IC number has 3 or more eights in it... who knows, you might even end up wif the lip gloss or eye shadow that i so adore bt didnt get!

4 gaps filled:

CreativeBitchin said...

wah so sui your ic number. what about the rest of it?

Anonymous said...

i don't mind having those samples! thou shalt not complain!

cc said...

oh man... I have 3 eights in my IC too... I'll be back to Msia for a visit next month... too late I guess

phyl said...

hey corrine... i actually checked ur blog out 2 noe ur name... LOL
s much s i wud love 2 help u gt d gifts... apparently d salesgirls in kanebo wans 2 c the IC too... n d offer's till end of dis month...
owh well... wait 4 d nex offer i suppose...

ip-location

Blog Archive